It’s back to school in most parts of the Northeast and Midwest this week. Both of my kids start today. It will be a long day until my son gets home so I can hear about how his first day in high school went. I have a 9th grader and a senior. Where has the time gone?
But, with back to school it means back to rehearsals, lessons, and classes. Dinners need to be easy, filling and have the ability to eaten easily in the car or at the table. This is one of the kids favorite to go meals. Wrap a slider or two in parchment paper and add it to a To-Go divided dish with a salad on the other side.
This is one of my kids favorite meals. You can make them your own by adding your kids favorite pizza toppings from just plain cheese to fully loaded with peppers, onions, and olives. It is up to you.
I serve this with a hearty green salad to complete the meal.
- 1 dozen Hawaiian dinner rolls
- 1 1/2 cups favorite spaghetti or pizza sauce
- 12 oz. Italian bulk sausage, cooked and broken up into little pieces
- 5 oz. sliced pepperoni
- 6 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13 x 9 casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Slice rolls open horizontally so you end up with two large pieces a top and a bottom. Set the top rolls aside and place the bottom roll slice in the pan.
- Spread 1/2 of the spaghetti sauce over the rolls. Layer pepperoni (overlapping) on top of the spaghetti sauce. Layer 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese over the pepperoni. Top with sausage and any other toppings you wish to add. At then cover with remaining spaghetti sauce. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Lay the top of the rolls over the filled rolls.
- Mix melted butter and garlic powder together. Spoon over rolls to completely cover the tops letting it drizzle down the sides. Sprinkle tops of rolls with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the tops are golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 3-5 minutes before cutting.