This is the second part of a cook once, eat twice post. The other day I made sandwiches for dinner. While I was cooking the chicken for the sandwiches I cooked some extra chicken breasts to make this dish for snacking while watching our favorite football game.
Buffalo chicken is one thing my family loves while watching the football games. Whether is it baked wings, a buffalo flavored cheese ball, or these Buffalo chicken fries we try to have at least one dish with our favorite spices while watching the Buffalo Bills play.
These were delicious! They had heat, gooey cheese, and a cool finish from the drizzle of ranch or blue cheese dressing (your choice!). You can make the Buffalo sauce super spicy by adding some Cayenne pepper and your favorite super hot sauce or cool it down using less hot sauce and a bit more butter.
If you cannot find cheese curd a mixture of mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese will work. It will not have the same salty taste as cheese curd but it is still really good.
Serve this on a football day or for dinner with vegetable slices and a salad.
Buffalo Chicken Fries
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, cooked and cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Hot Sauce (plus or minus according to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 (32 oz) bag French fries, cooked according to package directions
- 8 oz. cheese curd
- ranch or blue cheese dressing, for drizzle and dipping sauce
- Bake French fries according to package instructions, you want them nice and crispy on the outside to hold all the cheesy- chicken . While fries are cooking cube cooked chicken. Mix hot sauce, melted butter and garlic powder together in a small dish. Use Cayenne pepper or extra hot sauce to make it hotter if you like. To make is less hot use less hot sauce. Stir together chicken and hot sauce mix. Taste and adjust spices as necessary.
- Once the fries are cooked remove from oven and sprinkle the cheese curd over the fries. Return pan to oven to melt cheese, 3-5 minutes.
- Once cheese has melted remove fries from oven and cover with Buffalo chicken.
- Drizzle ranch dressing over the top.
- Serve, hot with a side of ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping.