Is it dessert? Is it dinner? Why yes it is! Have you seen the pumpkin rolls with the cream cheese filling? This is a take-off on that idea. No, it is NOT the same recipe so the pancakes are a bit more pumpkin bread like so it is not as sweet but the filling is the sweet part. You can put as much filling between your pancakes as you like. Eat it for dinner or dessert!
This was a super hit. I don’t tend to like very many pumpkin spice items. I think they taste weird but this one was perfect. It had tons of flavor and the sweetness made it perfect to eat just as it was. Don’t want the extra sweetness of the filling? These are also good with just a sprinkle of powdered sugar over the top.
My kids gobbled these down and we still had leftovers for lunch the next day.
These are so rich and decadent that I served them all on their own.
recipe title=”Pumpkin Roll Pancakes with Sweet Cream Cheese Filling” servings=”12″ time=”15 minutes prep and 30-40 minutes cooking” difficulty=”easy”]
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 (8 oz) block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Make filling first by beating all ingredients together in a medium bowl until smooth. Cover and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour milk, eggs, oil, vanilla, and pumpkin into the well. Whisk until all ingredients are just incorporated.
- Let the batter sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat. Pour the batter by 1/4 cups onto the heated griddle (grease with butter if needed). Cook 3-4 minutes per side. Remove pancakes from pan to warming oven until all pancakes are made.
- To serve top pancakes with filling and top with a second pancake. Add a dollop of filling on top for decoration if desired.