Do you ever need something quick and easy to serve when your kids have friends drop over unexpectedly? Or need a quick football game day snack? This Super Easy Chili Cheese Dip has 5 ingredients that you may already have on hand AND can take 5 minutes if you make it in the microwave. I prefer to bake it but if you are in a hurry go ahead and microwave it.
This recipe had mixed reviews when I used the canned chili. My kids LOVED it! Me, not so much. I thought it was salty and just too much but both kids kept asking for more. I am thinking it needed some diced onions or something to make me happier. Next time I will make it with the homemade chili as I prefer that to the canned.
Serve this with tortilla chips for dipping.
Super Simple Chili Cheese Dip
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, softened (regular not low-fat)
- 1 (25 oz) can Chili (your choice with or without beans) or 2 cups of your chili
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (more or less to taste)
- In a bowl mix together cream cheese, cumin, and chili powder until well blended.
- Spread cream cheese mixture in pie plate or ramekin.
- Top cream cheese with chili. Sprinkle cheese over the top of chili.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees until cheese is bubbly and browning at edges or cook in microwave 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.