I am going to be posting lots of foods you can use for football parties or for a hearty appetizer dinner. As I have said before my family loves these little Hawaiian rolls sandwiches, if you don’t like the sweetness of the rolls you can always substitute a nice package of heat and serve dinner rolls. I am continually looking for new combinations of meats, cheeses, and toppings to try.
These are very filling and would make something a bit different for a main dish rather than pulled pork sandwiches or chili. Maybe a nice hearty chicken soup would complement these sandwiches.
You know my family loves these little sandwiches but these are one of our favorites next to the Reuben Style Hawaiian Slider Sandwiches (click for link to post). The sweet red pepper jelly was the part that really put them over the top. They had a great vinegary/sweet taste that balanced out the pepperoni and salami. They are super hearty and each one of us had two sandwiches as a hearty entree. The leftovers were quickly claimed for lunch the next day.
Serve these with an Italian anitpasti salad or hearty green salad on the side and they make a perfect football party or buffet appetizer meal!
- 1 (12 pack) Hawaiian dinner rolls
- 1/4 lb. genoa salami,
- 1/4 lb. deli sliced pepperoni
- 1/4 lb. Provolone cheese
- Red pepper jelly or red pepper strips (thinly sliced)
- 3 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice tops from rolls horizontally and place bottoms in a 13″ x 9″ casserole dish.
- Layer pepperoni, salami, and cheese over roll bottoms. Spread red pepper jelly over the sliced side of the roll tops. Add tops to rolls in pan.
- Mix melted butter, basil, garlic, and onion powder in a small bowl. Brush over tops of rolls.
- Bake rolls for 10-12 minutes until rolls are browned and cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.