I love almond cookies. All kinds. I discovered these lovely melt in your mouth cookie bars a while back and I have to make them every once in a while. Sometimes I add a whole or half almond to the top. Other days like this I just make the cookies (which are super simple!!) and let the kids have a treat at night.
These are my favorite cookies. My daughter was amazed at how simple they were to make when I was showing her today. This is definitely one recipe that is going into her box for the future. The whole pan was gone by lunch the next day. I kept going into the kitchen to see little pieces of the cookies gone. All of them loved them.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- almonds and powdered sugar for toppings, if desired
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray an 8″ x 8″ pan with non-stick spray.
- Beat eggs and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Pour slightly cooled butter into eggs and sugar mixture and beat.
- Add flour, almond extract and beat until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 20-30 minutes until the center is done.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool before cutting.
- Dust with powdered sugar and almonds if desired.