I normally do not do these awards but I have been struggling lately and though this may be a fun way to kick-start me back into writing more. It is taking the time to physically sit down and actually write my blog that seems to be the issue. I am keeping myself too busy lately to avoid all that is happening around me emotionally. The busier you are the less you have to feel the emotions of my daughter turning 18, graduating, and moving on. It ripples into everything we do right now.
So, thank you to Jannat at Dusk Alert (Click for link to her blog). I needed this to get out of my rut, so I thank you!
Here are the seven questions I was asked to answer about myself.
- What compliment do people give you the most? Probably that I come across as incredibly organized and have everything under control. I do like order and everything in its place but much of this is smoke and mirrors to keep myself together. I hate being late, unorganized, and out of control.
- If you could win any award what would it be, why? I guess since we are so close to Mother’s Day I would say Mother of the Year. Not in a – I want my kids to like me kind of way. In a this is the job that I chose and I want to know that I have done the right things and I did my best for them. They may not like the choices I have made over the years but I want to know that my kids are okay and I did my best for them.
- What is better: being organized or attention to details? This is a bit of a conundrum for me because I see them going hand-in-hand. I don’t think you can really be organized without attention to details nor can you have attention to details without being organized. But, if I have to choose one I go with organized. You can capture the big things if you are organized and overlook the small details only you will really notice.
- If you had to choose a perpetually cold or hot place to live, which would you choose? Bwah, ha, ha… I live in the Midwest. It is always cold here or at least it seems like it. I don’t like being too hot or too cold. I have a perfect temperature range of 64-73 where I tolerate outside of that I am miserable. But, if I had to choose I would choose cold. You can always put more clothes and blankets on but you can only take off so much before they arrest you.
- What impresses you? I am impressed with things such as standing up and speak out for what is right in the face of impending danger to yourself or others. People who go above and beyond in caring for the sick, needy, and those who do not love themselves. People who rush into danger to save others when others are paralyzed with fear. Heroicism on all levels.
- What is your best childhood memory? I have several but my favorite is driving to Walt Disney World (1,300 miles) in a Oldsmobile Hatchback with my parents in the front and my brother, grandmother and I in the backseat. To this day I do not know how we all survived in the age before iPods, cell phones, or even DVD players.
- What is your dream car? I guess I am too old for this one. I don’t have a dream car unless it is the car I have now which I absolutely love. It is a Toyota Sienna Minivan. Cliche, I know but it is super comfortable and for someone who spends a crazy amount of time in the car that is of utmost importance.
I am supposed to nominate people for this award but I ask if you feel led you self nominate and then answer these 7 questions!
- If you could have dinner with one person, living or dead, who would it be?
- What was the last book you read? Would you recommend it?
- If you could only listen to one album for the rest of your life which one would you choose?
- What would be your dream job?
- If you could choose one new place to live where would you go? Why?
- What piece of advice would you give to new bloggers?
- What is your favorite childhood dish and who made it?