I am so excited! I think I may finally have a week where I can actually sit down and write something other than a grocery list on the back of an envelope. Even then it is only for one or two items as I am running to the store to get something I forgot. It has been a crazy two months but now I can see the light.
My daughter has been a super help during this time helping with dinner. Every night she jokes that dinners are soooo difficult to make. At least she knows that dinners don’t have to be difficult to taste good. This salmon bowl is one of those meals. Souvlaki is basically meat and vegetables grilled on skewers.
This had such a great flavor. Everyone in the family loved it. The roasted vegetables, the spice on the salmon, the salt of the feta, and the tzatziki added a delicious coolness over the tri-colored quinoa.
I marinated the salmon first, then made skewers of the vegetables. I do each skewer with one type of vegetable so that they can cook for different times so that all the vegetables are done to my liking. You can add vegetables or change the base to your liking.
- 1 – 1 1/2 pound fresh salmon
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 olive oil
- 1/4 balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dill
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- quinoa, rice, or cous cous
- vegetable skewers such as red peppers, green peppers, summer squash, zucchini, onions, tomatoes, etc…
- diced cucumbers
- feta cheese
- tzatziki sauce – homemade or store-bought
- Place the salmon in a large zip bag and add all ingredients (lemon juice, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, paprika, dill, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper) to bag. Shake well. Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to two hours.
- While salmon is marinating place vegetables on skewers. Brush with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- When ready to cook cut salmon into pieces and place on skewers.
- Brush grill with oil and cook salmon and skewers until cooked through.
- Serve salmon and vegetables hot over quinoa with feta and tzatziki sauce as desired.