I am not in the Christmas spirit this year. I usually have all my Christmas presents bought and wrapped and the house fully decorated by November 15th. This year. I have two naked trees. There is one on the first floor in the living room and one on the second floor in our bedroom/family room. I look at them all day, every day.
I want to get them decorated but it keeps falling to the bottom of the to do list. Our house has had this cold/flu thing going through it for the last week or so. I finally am coming out of the fog. I haven’t been this sick in years. I got a flu shot and everything so I think it is just a really nasty cold with a cough. But, I slept for almost four days!
So to get myself in the Christmas spirit I created a December Wish List of things I want to do this month. I hope to complete all of them!
- Spend a whole day baking.
- Try a new recipe.
- Watch a Christmas themed movie while drinking real hot cocoa.
- Have a family game night,
- Eat a candy cane.
- Walk through the downtown area with the Christmas lights on.
- Spend an afternoon wrapping presents.
- Put out a plate of cookies and carrots for Santa.
- Have appetizers for dinner.
- Attend one church service.
- Practice one random act of kindness
- Drive through the area and look at Christmas lights after dark with the family.
- Have a Christmas sing-a-long.
- Breakfast for dinner.
- Make Apple Kuchen and deliver to friends and family.
What would be on your list?