This recipe from 2018 is one of our favorites for Spring. It has the taste that summer is just around the corner!
We have been snowbound lately and I have been dreaming of warmer temperatures. So, my mind is turning to summer picnics and salads. To battle the winter doldrums we had an Indoor picnic (click for link to blog post) and pretending it is getting warmer rather than colder.
This salad is a blend of a BLT sandwich and pasta salad. Remember I told you take those flavors you love and turn them into something new! Sandwiches into salads, soups into casseroles, or main dishes into sandwiches. This one of those dishes!
The best part of this is that my kids were convinced they were going to not like it. They kept asking me pasta AND salad? Yes. Barbecue sauce AND ranch dressing? Yes. Both were very shocked at how much they love it! They both had seconds and there wasn’t a bite left at the end of dinner.
Tip: I highly suggest making your own ranch dressing (even if it is from a mix) because the dressing tends to be a bit thicker and more flavorful than bottled ranch dressings. It will cling to the lettuce and pasta better than the bottled brands.
- 12 oz. pasta
- 6 cups Romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 6 oz. bacon, cooked to crispy and crumbled
- 1/2 + cups ranch dressing, homemade or bottled
- 1 tablespoon+ barbecue sauce
- black pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water once cooked.
- In a large bowl combine lettuce, tomatoes, pasta and bacon.
- Pour the ranch dressing and barbecue sauce over the top. Toss gently to blend. Taste and adjust dressings to your liking. Sprinkle with black pepper to taste.