‘Tis the season for pizza and salad for dinner. It is super simple to make and I can make endless variations of pizzas. It was a busy night with meetings and a rehearsal so we used packaged pizza dough. You can easily make your own dough. I have used my bread machine to make dough and also purchased packaged dough. Our local grocery store also has balls of dough for sale for about $1.75. Whichever you choose this makes a simple meal!
My entire family love this dish. My son added extra hot sauce to his and I left off the blue cheese dressing on mine. I love dishes that are easy to customize and we don’t have to make 4 separate dishes to find something we all can eat.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Pizza and salad together in one dish.
- 1 lb. ball of dough, pre-purchased crust, or homemade large crust
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 1 small onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced (if desired)
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced (if desired)
- 1/2+ cup hot sauce, such as Frank’s
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- garlic powder, to taste
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2-3 cups arugula
- crumbled blue cheese
- creamy blue cheese dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sprinkle pan with corn meal and spread pizza crust in pan. Bake crust for 3-5 minutes until set.
- While pizza crust is baking heat olive oil in a large pan. Add onions, carrots, and celery to pan. Allow onions to start turning translucent. Add chicken to pan and allow chicken to cook through.
- Add hot sauce, butter and garlic powder to pan. Bring to a simmer for a minute or two to heat through. Taste sauce and adjust spices and hot sauce to liking.
- Spread chicken, vegetables and sauce evenly over pizza crust.
- Sprinkle sharp cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese over pizza. Bake for 8-10 minutes until pizza is browned on the bottom and bubbly on top. Remove pizza from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle top of pizza with arugula, blue cheese, and a drizzle of blue cheese dressing before serving.