I am always looking for simple dinners and I remembered this recipe from 2014. The Mozzarella Buffalo Pork Chops (click for link to original post) is a perfect weekday meal in that it is on the table in about 30 minutes. It has tons of flavor and is super juicy.
This is one of those meals that my family would eat over and over again. If you want them a bit spicier add hot sauce, Cayenne pepper or extra Siracha to your liking. My family likes a slightly above mild taste and we let my son add all the above to make his spicier right on his cooked pork chops.
I served this dish with a side of brown beans and a green side salad to complete the meal.
Mozzarella Buffalo Pork Chops
A flavorful pork chops that is one the table in no time.
- 1 1/2 lbs pork chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4+ cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, plus extra if desired for serving
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- mozzarella cheese, cut into slices
- Add olive oil, butter, garlic powder, and hot sauce to a large skillet or wok. Heat pan over medium-high heat until butter melts.
- Season pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Once butter has melted in skillet add the pork chops to the pan.
- Cook each side until browned and to 145 degrees on meat thermometer.
- While chops are cooking cover a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray the aluminum foil with non-stick spray. Pre-heat oven to broil.
- When chops are browned remove them from the skillet and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Pour sauce over the chops if desired.
- Cover each pork chop with plenty of mozzarella (I like lots of cheese).
- Place pork chops in oven for 1-2 minutes until cheese has browned.
- Remove from oven and serve with extra hot sauce and/or ranch dressing if desired.