Potatoes are on sale this week so we are eating potatoes every night. Secret to having my kids not complain is making them differently so they don’t even realize they are eating potatoes again.
I used to make these potatoes all the time when the kids were younger. We haven’t has them in probably 5-6 years. When I mentioned them to the kids they had a vague memory. Definitely time to make them again!
I served these with baked crispy chicken and brown beans.
- 2 lbs. potatoes, washed and thinly sliced on a mandonline
- non-stick spray
- Spray on butter
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray two – three rimmed baking sheet with non-stick spray. You may wish to cover with alumuminum foil before spraying for easier clean up.
- Lay potatoes in a single layer on baking sheets. They will shrink as they cook and by the end you will be down to one or two trays of potatoes.
- Spray tops of potatoes with a fine mist of butter spray and salt potatoes.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes moving potatoes around several times as they cook so they don’t stick to the pan.
- Once the potatoes are good and crispy remove pans from oven and serve slightly warm.