We are always looking for ways to make simple meals that are a bit different to add a little bit of something to our everyday dishes. We eat quite a bit of chicken breast cut into bites and tenders and am always trying different ways to cook them or top them.
These would be great for a teen party or a hearty football snack!
These were pretty good. Not as crispy as I had hoped but still had a bit of texture to them. They tended to be a bit of a bite rather than a crunch. The barbecue sauce is sweet so you may wish to start with a bit less honey and add more to taste.
We served this with brown beans and baked potato chips to complete the meal.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup flour
- 5 cups corn flakes cereal, crushed lightly
- salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, if desired
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup your favorite BBQ sauce (I like Sweet Baby Rays)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the bite-sized pieces of chicken in a large bowl. Add flour and stir to coat each piece. Set aside.
- Place the corn flakes, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika into a large bowl. In a second bowl whisk the eggs and milk together in a small bowl.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the egg mixture. Make sure that you let all the excess drip off so your corn flakes don’t get soggy. Then roll in the cornflake mixture, shaking off any excess. Place onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with all chicken bites.
- Bake for 18 minutes, flipping half way through. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat for 6-7 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Drizzle the chicken bites with the warm honey BBQ sauce. Serve warm.
9 Comments Add yours
LOOK VERY NICE AND GOOD ENOUGH TO EAT, CHINA
LikeLiked by 2 people
Thank you so very much!
This is the perfect snack, bite size. Plus anything BBQ will do it for me! Have a good weekend, Marci!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks! You too Sylvester!
You’re welcome!! Will do!!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
This sounds so yummy, Marci, and perfect for my two hungry boys.
That’s a cool idea. Looks good, simple to make, and for sure very tasty. Love that!