You know something is really good when your children are quiet while eating AND then ask for you to make it again as soon as possible! How could something like this not be good – mashed potatoes, sour cream, cheese, bacon? All the horribly good things to eat!
I will make extra mashed potatoes just to have this again! Seriously, cook extra mashed potatoes for your next meal and save the leftovers to make this dish. If you like cheese, bacon, sour cream, and mashed potatoes? This is a delicious dish AND you can use leftover mashed potatoes to make it (or as I say cook once eat twice!).
- 3 pounds of russet potatoes , made into mashed potatoes with milk and butter to desired consistency (or leftovers)
- 1 cup of sour cream
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese , divided use
- 8 oz. bacon, cooked to crispy and crumbled
- chives, for topping as desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 9 pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl stir in sour cream and bacon to pre-made mashed potatoes and then add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in 1 cup of the cheddar cheese until well blended.
Smooth the mashed potatoes into casserole pan. Top with remaining 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
Cover the pan with foil and place into the oven. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until cheese is bubbly and mashed potatoes are heated through.
Sprinkle the chives over the top and serve.