What is a super simple meal that you can customize in so many ways to make a new dish each time you serve it? Hamburgers! Don’t stick to just the American cheese, lettuce, onion, and tomato. Mix it up and try all different things on it. This burger was built because we didn’t want to go to the store and were running low on what was in the pantry and fridge.
The entire family raved about this burger. It was juicy. It was flavorful. It was super easy to make!
If you have kids who don’t like onions or tomatoes mix them separately in different bowls so that they can pick what they want. It is amazing with both onions and tomatoes but if you have someone who doesn’t want them leave them off and add the dressing to the roll to get the flavor.
I serve this with potato chips and brown beans to complete the meal.
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs. ground beef
- salt and black pepper
- 4 oz. package of feta cheese crumbles
- 2 large onions, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- Italian Dressing, use your favorite – for this I like a nice cheap dressing like Wish Bone, Kraft, etc…
- 6-8 hearty rolls, toasted or grilled on cut sides
- Form ground beef into 6-8 patties of the same size. Salt and black pepper both sides of the burgers well.
- Mix chopped tomatoes and onions in a bowl with Italian dressing. Use enough to completely cover the tomatoes and onions well. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter to pan until melted and add burgers. Cook burgers turning as little as possible to keep them together.
- Once burgers are fully cooked. Assemble burgers.
- On the bottom of the toasted roll place some of the onion-tomato salad, top with burger, add feta and a drizzle of Italian dressing and top with top of the toasted roll. Repeat for each burger.
- Serve hot with a napkin!