Thursday is our usual Breakfast for Dinner meal. Thursdays are the day that everything seems to be scheduled at once so we have to have something super easy on hand to make for dinner. When I first suggested this meal no one understood what I wanted to try. They thought I was mixing potatoes into waffle batter and making them eat it. I didn’t understand why they were hesitant about this meal until they told me during dinner they had all thought the same thing. So, my communication skills need work. (smile)
You can easily make these with fresh potatoes shredded or frozen potatoes (thawed and water squeezed out). Either way these come together so easily and are very tasty. Add in your favorite cheese and vegetables to make them your own. Make sure everything is finely diced and warmed through if it needs to be cooked.
I served this with a side of fruit to complete the meal.
- 4 large potatoes, shredded
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup extra sharp cheese, shredded (or more if desired)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- additional add ins: finely diced ham, breakfast sausage, crumbled bacon, finely diced onions, finely diced peppers, different cheeses such as feta, pepper jack, or
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In mixing bowl, combine potatoes, egg, bacon, cheese and salt and pepper.
- Spray waffle iron with non-stick cooking oil. Spoon potato mixture into waffle wells
- Let waffles cook 5-8 minutes. Check for doneness, you want the waffle to be golden brown and cooked through.