Sometimes you need to have a good dip on hand for friends or just for yourself. My family loves this dip as it is similar to tzatziki and you can customize it with the exact amount of garlic you like (I always add extra!). With the cold weather and snow headed our way it seemed like a perfect night to pretend we were somewhere warm like the Mediterranean. You can serve this with carrots, celery, crackers, and pita chips for dipping.
This was a good recipe. Two thirds of the family couldn’t get enough of it and the other liked it but thought is was a bit salty. Feta is salty so don’t over salt the dish without tasting!
- 12 oz. Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 oz. (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 lemon, juiced and zest, more or less to taste
- a pinch of salt
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons dill, freshly chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled-deseeded- and chopped
- 4-6 oz cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Pita chips, crackers, celery, pepper strips, for serving as desired
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat feta cheese, Greek yogurt, cream cheese, oil, lemon juice and zest until light and fluffy. Season with salt and red pepper flakes and stir in dill. Taste and adjust spices to your liking.
- Transfer dip to a serving bowl and top with cucumber, tomatoes, dill, and a drizzle of oil.
- Serve with dipping items.