Simple, simple, simple! This is a great meal to make on a busy night. You can have the peppers, onions, and meat sliced ahead of time so all you have to do is pop it in the oven stir it a few times and pour the balsamic vinegar over the top half way through the cooking time. Make a pan of rice and dinner is done! Yes, it takes awhile to cook but other than stirring a couple times there is nothing to it.
This was one of our favorite sheet pan meals in a long time. My family LOVES vinegar so they were all happy with this meal. I cook my rice with chicken stock so that it adds a bit of extra flavor to the dish.
I served this with a green salad to complete the meal.
- 1/2+ cup balsamic vinegar, best you can buy
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 (12 oz-14 oz) packages Kielbasa or Smoked Sausages slice into rounds
- 1 red pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 orange pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 sweet onion sliced thinly
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rice for serving if desired
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place the sliced sausage, peppers and onions on the baking sheet.
Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over the pan and toss to combine.
Drizzle olive oil over top of the ingredients evenly and toss to coat.
Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the sheet pan from oven. Drizzle the pan sausage and peppers with balsamic vinegar. Toss to coat. Place back in the oven. Cook for another 20 to 25 minutes. Stir once or twice during the baking. (Tip: If you really like balsamic vinegar make a reduction in a sauce pan for extra sauce to pour over when complete!)
- Items are done when they start to brown and the vinegar is thickened. Remove pan from oven.
- Serve hot over rice if desired.