We are getting creative over here having fun with scheduling and meal planning. My son (and most of us) are best when we have some sort of predictable schedule. So, we are keeping up a semi-relaxed schedule. Yes, my teens have to be up by 10 am. I don’t set a bedtime but we do read as a family about 11 pm then they usually naturally wander to their rooms. We are just starting to read “Wonder” as a family. There are family chore times, school work time, meals, and exercise time planned in through the day but they also have lots of free time. Is your family on some sort of schedule?
There are lots of free things online I am sharing with my kids such as museum tours, zoo classes, free orchestra concerts from Berlin, Germany, that I am sharing with both of my kids to keep their minds engaged and we can talk about things as a family. I know it is only day 3 for us but I am really still enjoying this time. Remind me of this in 3 weeks.
So, when we were shopping the other day we found these mini pepperoni slices. They are great! They are about the size of a dime and are perfect for this recipe. Don’t have mini pepperoni? Cut up regular slices into quarters or leave it out all together! Get creative with the filling.
These were a super hit. They would be great for a fun dinner or a lunch time treat. They were fun to make and each person could add their own choice of fillings to each one. Make a toppings bar to make it even easier for your kids to pick their favorite toppings.
- 2 can refrigerated crescent rolls (I used the seamless sheet)
- 1 cup pizza sauce (or doctored spaghetti sauce – add extra oregano and basil)
- 2 cup+ shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- pizza toppings – mini pepperoni, Italian sausage, peppers, onions, mushrooms, olives
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray 16 regular muffin cups with cooking spray. Cut crescent roll dough into 16 squares using a pizza cutter if you have one to make it easier. Press dough into muffin cups.
- Sprinkle some of cheese in the bottom of each dough cup.
- Top with a dollop of pizza sauce.
- Add pizza toppings and cover with remaining cheese.
- Sprinkle garlic powder over toppings as desired.
- Bake 15-18 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Centers will be hot!