We are getting to the bottom of our freezer! In our No Buy June we are cleaning out our freezer that we used to stock up on during the “Stay Home. Stay Safe.” time. We know that there may be another time that we are limited in movements again so we are cleaning out the freezer, defrosting it, and slowly going to restock it as meats, fruits, and veggies from our Community Supported Agriculture share come in. Have you been working on a No Buy June? If not why not plan one for next month? Take an inventory of what you have and make a plan to use it all up!
Even during this time at home we still have nights where we need to have a quick meal in our back pocket for those nights we stay out a bit too late and are starving when we get in. We are still not eating out much so meals like this Chicken Strip Wrap with Boom Boom Sauce to have on those nights is great.
What is Boom Boom Sauce? It is a fry sauce but it goes really great on sandwiches such as this. A slightly spicy sauce you can amp it up to super spicy if you wish but it adds a nice tang to a simple sandwich such as this.
Verdict: This is a super simple meal that even my children said was better than the ranch sauce we usually put over these. It added just a bit of zip and more flavor than usual!
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon sweet Asian chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 Generous Pinch Salt and pepper
- 6 flour tortillas, large
- lettuce, tomato, sliced onion for wrap additions
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (25 oz) bag crispy chicken strips, frozen
- Bake chicken strips according to package directions.
- While chicken strips are baking make sauce by combining garlic powder, onion powder, chili sauce, ketchup, mayo, Sriracha, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. Stir until well blended. Taste and adjust spices to your liking. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and add to oven the last few minutes of baking time for the chicken strips to warm.
- Remove chicken and tortillas from oven and assemble sandwiches while tortillas are warm and pliable. Add chicken, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, and sauce to tortillas as desired. Fold bottom 1/4 of tortillas up over sandwich toppings before folding sides in to help contain sandwich ingredients. Serve warm.