You know I love breakfast for dinner! Nothing is more simple than eggs. I love a good fluffy omelet and you can make endless combinations of ingredients. Greek? Feta, spinach, and maybe a touch of roasted red peppers. Italian? Tomatoes, garlic, oregano, and Italian sausage. Or the simple ham, cheese and onion that is my favorite? Make it how you like it!
I could eat an omelet every night and never tire of them. So many different items to stuff them with! Mix and match to make your own.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 onion sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp thick-cut ham, diced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- Crumbled Bacon
- Italian Sausage
- Breakfast sausage
- Gyro Meat
Simple Fluffy Omelets
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a small omelet pan. Use a good non-stick pan that can hold 1 omelet to get the best texture.
- Add the eggs, salt, and black pepper to a bowl and beat together.
- Add the onion and ham to the pan. Allow to warm and the onions to start to brown around the edges. Remove items from pan and set aside.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and add butter. Once the butter is hot, pour the egg mixture into the pan and allow to cook, without stirring, for 2-3 minutes. Mixing will scramble them you want a good egg base.
- Use a flexible spatula, gently go around the edges of the pan to release the egg from the side of the pan, allowing any excess, uncooked egg to fill in that area by tilting the pan to one side. Repeat this until there is hardly any loose, uncooked egg on the top. This usually takes about a minute or two.
- Carefully release as much of the bottom of the egg mixture from the pan and flip it carefully. Add back cooked fillings to one side of the omelet and cheese as desired. Fold the other half of the eggs over the cheese. Cook 1 more minute to melt cheese are warm center.
- Serve hot with toppings as desired.