Happy birthday to my big guy! He’s been a Disney kid through and through. From nose kisses for Pooh to harnessing the force in Galaxy’s Edge he is always up for a Disney adventure. For his birthday he gets his second Covid shot and one step closer to graduation, prom, and senior party. He gets his choice for dinner on Saturday and I am pretty sure he is going to choose a seafood boil. He is the whole reason I started this blog and what an adventure it has been!
Another breakfast for dinner meal? Yes! I like making extra for leftovers of this meal because the kids can have them for breakfast or lunch the next day. No one has to think in the morning they just warm it all up in the microwave or oven and breakfast is ready!
Verdict: You can change the meat or veggies in this however you like. My kids want some of everything. Occasionally my daughter wants wilted spinach on hers too.
Breakfast Tacos with Kielbasa
- 3 tablespoon butter, divided
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- pinch or two of salt and black pepper
- 16 oz ring of Kielbasa sausage, cut into circles or sliced into links and then halved to fit on the tacos
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 4-6 medium flour tortillas, warmed to be pliable
- toppings as desired: shredded cheddar cheese, salsa, sour cream, taco sauce, etc…
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and peppers to the skillet cooking until the onions turn slightly brown and translucent. Stir often.
- While onions and peppers are cooking prepare eggs by mixing eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until well blended.
- Once onions and peppers are cooked remove from pan and place in a 170 degree oven to keep warm. Wipe pan with paper towel and add kielbasa to pan. Cook over medium heat until warmed through and browned.
- When meat is almost done in another skillet add 1 tablespoon butter and allow to melt over medium-high heat. Once butter is melted pour in eggs and make scrambled eggs. Try to time is to meat and eggs are done at same time.
- When meat and eggs are done assemble tacos by placing meat on tortilla topped by eggs, onions and peppers, and toppings as desired. Fold up and enjoy!