We just got the final five week schedule for seniors from the school. It seems like there is at LEAST one thing each and every day for the next five weeks. It was a bit overwhelming as I put it into my calendar. I want to truly enjoy this time and was hitting a bit of a panic attack. But, I will take each day as it comes and try to stay present for all the “lasts.”
I am glad for dinners like this that come together quickly and go with so many sides to make it seem different each time. Pair with buttered Parmesan noodles, fresh roasted vegetables, or a baked sweet potato. So many thing you can do!
Verdict: These little chicken bites cook quickly and pair well with many sides. You can grill them on skewers or fry them it is up to you! My kids love them because sometimes something simple is the best thing for dinner.
Garlic Chicken Bites
- 1 1/4 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced finely
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped fresh or 1 tablespoon dried
- Preheat non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dry chicken with a paper towel then mix flour, Italian seasoning, and desired amount of salt and pepper in a bowl. Toss the chicken in the coating well to evenly coat.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter to skillet. Make sure the bottom is evenly coated.
- Add chicken in an even layer leaving some space between pieces so they’ll brown rather than steam.
- Let cook until nicely golden brown on bottom, about 3 minutes then flip to opposite side and cook 2 minutes longer, or until nearly cooked through.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter in small pieces, along with garlic and parsley. Cook 1 minute longer until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve hot.
2 Comments Add yours
Tasty, that’s for sure. 😋🍃
Although crazy, it’s a magical time!