This is a hearty recipe that makes enough for large dinner servings AND a couple of lunch servings. It is versatile in that you can serve it hot or room temperature. It is up to you! It is quick and easy to make, which you know is my go to right now. Use bagged frozen ravioli and your favorite jarred pesto (or some homemade if you have the time or have some on hand!). My family loved that it was simple to make and held up really well for lunches the next day.
Verdict: This is a great recipe to customize with the veggies you like! Add grilled zucchini or summer squash if you like them. If you don’t like onions leave them out. Sun-dried tomato pesto is also really delicious in this dish too! Change it up and let me know what you did and how it turned out!
Asparagus Ravioli Salad
- 32 ounces cheese ravioli
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 1/2 cups pesto
- 8 oz grape tomatoes, cut into 1/4s
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Start grill and put a pot of water on to boil.
- Snap the end of the asparagus off and lightly oil grill to grill asparagus.
- Cook ravioli according to package directions once the water comes to a boil.
- Grill asparagus to desired doneness. Remove from grill and set aside.
- Finish boiling then strain ravioli.
- In a large bowl toss ravioli, asparagus, with pesto, Parmesan, onions, and tomatoes.
- Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.