We are excited the kids are both coming home this weekend! My daughter has not been home in two months and my son in 5 weeks. They will only be home together for one night as my daughter and I are going to an Irish dance competition (Feis) in Chicago over the weekend. My son doesn’t get any extra time off from school for Columbus day weekend but my daughter does have until Tuesday off so she gets an extra two nights after we come home.
They both requested homemade macaroni and cheese for dinner on Friday. My daughter is particularly done with college food but my son is still tolerating it. It makes me happy that they both want me to cook for them. I cannot wait to see them home!
Verdict: Still trying to make our meals stretch a bit so this is a perfect way. We make a meatloaf for one day using just 1 lb. of ground turkey and then make it into Italian meatloaf sandwiches or subs the next day. So simple! Don’t want meatloaf or sandwiches two days in a row? You can add a simple new meal in between and serve the next day it will keep in the refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Cheesy Turkey Meatlaof
- 1 lb ground turkey, lean
- 1/4 cup asiago cheese grated
- 1/4 cup 100% whole grain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 onion small, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, fine dice or mashed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 4 pieces string cheese, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup mozarella for topping
- 1/2 – 1 cup tomato sauce for topping
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients. Form into a loaf in a greased 9X5 inch loaf pan. Bake single loaf 45-60 minutes or until no longer pink. Smaller loaf pans will cook faster—start checking after 30 minutes.
4 Comments Add yours
I sent your post to Pinterest
On Wednesday, October 6, 2021, What’s for Dinner Moms? wrote:
> koolaidmoms posted: ” We are excited the kids are both coming home this > weekend! My daughter has not been home in two months and my son in 5 weeks. > They will only be home together for one night as my daughter and I are > going to an Irish dance competition (Feis) in Chicago” >
LikeLiked by 1 person
Awe, thank you so much!
Of course, it is only a weekend but it is even more treasured by all of you. A new way and feeling of getting together. So interesting when the kids are coming home for “a visit”.
LikeLiked by 1 person