Happy first day of Winter! My favorite day of the year. Each day from now until June the days will get slowly longer. Ah…. I have hope.
Now that both kids are home our eating and cooking has changed. I don’t think my grocery budget doubles but rather triples when every one is home. We eat larger meals and with it being the Christmas season there is quite a bit of baking going on. We do eat appetizers for dinner once or twice a week because it is fun to eat things with your hands and dip. My kids have always loved foods you can dip.
Verdict: These are crispy but not soggy from oil. Usually we deep fry them but using the air fryer makes them crispy and not heavy. We added a bit of Parmesan over the top and used jarred pesto for dipping. If you have homemade pesto or marinara for dipping even better!
Air Fryer Ravioli
- 1 (19 oz) bag frozen ravioli
- 1/2-2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2-2/3 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- Pesto or Marinara sauce for dipping
- Oil for spraying
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Pour buttermilk into one bowl and breadcrumbs into a second bowl.
- Dip each piece of ravioli into the buttermilk then breadcrumbs, making sure to coat it as completely as possible.
- Place each breaded ravioli into the air fryer in one single layer and cook for 6-7 minutes, spritzing the tops with oil halfway through to brown better.
- Remove the air fryer and serve with pesto or marinara for dipping.