This has been a pork month. When I grocery shopped the first of the month every store we grocery shop in had pork on sale. We have had pork roasts, pork chops, pork ribs and ground pork. The other thing that was on sale was smoked sausages. We are tired of pork and sausages. I finally broke down and went and bought a steak for us. I was craving red meat.
I cooked this very simply. Broiled in the oven with a garlic butter sauce. It was delicious. My kids asked for it to be plain and simple. No marinades. No rubs. I couldn’t help myself though and they loved it.
This was gone by the time dinner was over. It was 2 1/2 lbs of steak for 4 people. I think it was a hit. Served with mashed potatoes, stuffing and a green salad it was heavenly comfort food.
- 2-2 1/2 lbs. steak
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 2 tsp. minced garlic (we like garlic – adjust for your families tastes)
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Turn oven onto broil. Cover an edged baking pan with aluminum foil.
- In a bowl mix together butter, garlic and black pepper.
- Place steak in the pan and dollop the butter over the steak. Leave about 2 TBSP out.
- Place pan in oven. Turn steak after about 2-3 minutes.
- Put rest of butter on steak and cook to desired consistency. We like ours a bit on the medium-rare side and it only took about 1-2 more minutes to cook.
- Remove pan from oven. Spoon juices over steak while it cools for 3-4 minutes.
- Cut and serve.