We spent the weekend doing family stuff. My daughter looked at me and asked, “Is Saturday Family Day now?” I LOVED that! For so long Saturday has been our catch-up day. All the laundry, cleaning or shopping that we didn’t get done during the week was always left for Saturday. Now, we have time to do the fun things as a family and I am so grateful.
The kids went on a treasure hunt that the local book store was sponsoring. They roamed the city block looking for treasure hidden in the store windows and then returned to the book store to pick out a free book. They went trick-or-treating at a local grocery store. We went to the local history museum to see an exhibit of Michigan’s contribution to the Civil War. We each designed our own Battle Flags. Mine was Super Mommy with a stove on the front. My son’s was a Lego person that appeared to watch you as you moved. I love that we have the time to do these things together.
Quick easy dinners are a priority in our house. Even on weekends my slow cooker seems to be in use. We are finishing up all the pork in the freezer so another version of Barbecue Pork Ribs was needed for dinner.
This was a VERY sweet sauce. It was good but I don’t think I will use it for the pork again. Everyone liked it okay but I think this pork needed a bit of sauce with more punch. All the ribs were eaten though and there was just a bit of sauce in the bottom of the pan.
I served this with Parmesan Risotto which was an okay choice but it didn’t pair well with the sweet sauce and carrots.
- 1 medium onion quartered
- 2-3 lbs. of pork ribs
- 1 bottle of Barbecue Sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey BBQ sauce)
- 1 (18 oz) can pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- Spray the bowl of your slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Place the onion in the bottom of the bowl.
- Lay the ribs over the onion so that the onion is holding up the ribs.
- Mix barbecue sauce, pineapple chunks and brown sugar together in a bowl until well mixed. Pour over ribs.
- Cover slow cooker. Cook on warm for 5-7 hours until done.