Last night’s dinner was another – Oh no! I need to find something quick meal. What I thought was Italian sausage was really ground beef. A quick look through Pinterest, because that is what we all do when we need something quick, and I found Szechuan Noodles with Spicy Beef Sauce from Food.com.
I did not have all the ingredients it called for but used this as a basis for our dinner.
We LOVED it! Now as a disclaimer, when I read the reviews of this dish many complained of the strong Hoisin Sauce flavor. We love Hoisin Sauce and I actually added more than the original recipe called for. This has very strong flavors of Hoisin, garlic and ginger.
I used Soba Noodles for the first time and they were AMAZING! My family loved how light and fluffy they were and for my gluten-free son I just substituted his spaghetti for the Soba Noodles.
I served with with a side of steamed broccoli.
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, ground
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 TBSP sesame oil
- 2 TBSP cornstarch
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 TBSP soy sauce
- 12 oz soba noodles
- Brown ground beef and onions in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain fat from meat.
- Pour sesame oil into pan with meat and onion mix, garlic, ginger and red pepper. Stir for 1-2 minutes to soften and become fragrant.
- Stir beef broth and corn starch in a small bowl until smooth.
- Boil Soba Noodles according to directions.
- Add beef broth and cornstarch mix to skillet with hoisin sauce and soy sauce. Stir and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Serve beef mixture over noodles.