With Halloween being so close we have had a super busy week. Just getting ready for Trick-or-Treating, class parties and of course having friends over to eat dinner prior to Trick-or-Treating with us seems to take up the whole week leading up to Halloween.
I went with a super easy dinner. I needed something that the kids could help me with and didn’t need a lot of fussing to make a good meal.
This was a colossal hit! My children LOVE bacon so this to them was an amazing meal. Anything with bacon has to be good, right? There were 3 little chicken strips left so the next day I chopped them up and added them to the leftover risotto. Heated it up and one of the kids took it for lunch in a thermos.
I will definitely be making this dinner again. I served the chicken with green beans and Primavera risotto.
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breast
- 1 lb. thinly sliced bacon
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Cover the bottom of a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray two metal cooling racks with non-stick spray and place them in the baking sheet. Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the chicken breasts into long thin strips about 1″ wide. If they are too long you may want to cut them in half.
- Slice the bacon in half.
- Starting at the top wrap one half slice of the bacon around the chicken. Try to spiral it down so that it completely covers the chicken. Longer strips of chicken may have no bacon on the bottom.
- Lay the chicken on the cooling racks with the bacon tucked underneath. If you need to secure the bacon with wooden toothpicks.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all chicken strips are wrapped in bacon.
- Bake 10-15 minutes remove pan from oven. Turn chicken strips over and brush lightly with barbecue sauce. Return pan to oven.
- After 10-15 more minutes check chicken strips. When chicken has cooked through and bacon is cooked remove from oven.
- Allow pan to sit for 3-5 minutes. Brush with barbecue sauce before serving.