Last night being Halloween I wanted something extra easy to have for dinner. This was it! I took our favorite flavors and blended them with a beef roast in the slow cooker. I only had to add mashed potatoes and carrots for our comfort food dinner before heading out on the spooky, cold evening.
It was a hit! My chimney sweep and minion loved the balsamic vinegar bite especially in the onions and edge of the roast. Next time I will blend the au jus into gravy but I didn’t want to take the time last night.
- 3 lb. beef roast (puncture with a steak knife all around to allow the vinegar to get to the center of the roast)
- 3 large onions quartered
- 1 package beefy onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- black pepper
- Spray bowl of slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Add onions to bottom of slow cooker bowl.
- Lay roast on top of the onions. Try to keep roast from touching the sides or bottom of the bowl.
- Mix vinegar, soup mix, water and black pepper together in a bowl until well combined and there are no lumps. Pour over roast.
- Cook on low about 6 hours until the roast is cooked through.
- Remove roast and onions from the pot and allow to sit for 3 minutes before slicing. Serve au jus on the side.