Yes, we are still on the one pan, casserole or soup dinners. Things are starting to get crazy here, well, I guess they are always a bit crazy just more hectic. I came home last night and sat staring at the refrigerator. Both kids were asking when dinner was going to be done. Half an hour. Am I crazy? I didn’t even know what we were having!
To Pinterest I headed and found a recipe for Easy Skillet Lasagna from Culinary Musings.com. It said 35 minutes for estimated time. I had most of the ingredients and could make substitutions for the ones I did not have. I was sold.
It was delicious. I was able to customize my son’s gluten-free version with gluten-free pasta and only a little bit of ricotta cheese. He hates the texture of ricotta cheese. This is fine because the rest of us like it so much I just added extra to ours!
There was enough left for lunch the next day for both my son and daughter.
I served this meal with a side of green beans and a salad.
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 jar of spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 12 ounces of pasta, I used ruffles to make it look more like lasagna
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 -2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat, breaking the meat into small pieces with the back of a spoon, until meat is cooked through. Drain off the grease.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, water, garlic, basil, oregano, and pasta.
- Heat meat mixture to boiling, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 12-15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- In a small bowl mix together ricotta cheese, egg, parsley, parmesan cheese and pepper.
- Spread ricotta cheese topping over the top of the pasta mixture in a smooth layer. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and simmer until cheese has melted and is warmed through.
- Remove pan from heat and allow to sit for 3 minutes prior to serving.