First full week of summer vacation begins and I am tired! I thought this was going to get easier. In a few weeks it will. My son asked why all our appointments are in the two weeks after school is out. He is right. I have been holding off as much as possible until school is out and now we have two booked weeks of dentists, doctors and testing.
Last for dinner I had a pound of ground beef I needed to use up. My children wanted hamburgers and I detest plain hamburgers or cheeseburgers. I started rooting around in the pantry to see what I could find to spice them up a bit. I found a jar of Sun Dried Tomato Pesto. I thought I’ll give it a try.
It was really good. They smelled amazing as they cooked. My son said it was his favorite cheeseburger. My daughter said it was okay but then proceeded to eat two of them. Ugh. Teenagers.
I served this with a spinach salad and brown beans.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 (8.5 oz) jar of Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- 1/2 tsp powdered garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese
- 6 hamburger rolls
- Preheat grill or frying pan.
- Mix all, except for last two, ingredients in a bowl using your hands. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Divide ground beef into 6 portions forming each one into a thin 1/4″ to 1/2″ patty.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Cook on the grill turning as little as possible. Until done in the center.
- Remove burgers from heat and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Add mozzarella to the top of the burgers and place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes to melt and brown cheese.
- Serve on hamburger rolls with extra Sun Dried Tomato Pesto if desired for topping.