We have a busy week and I am using my slow cooker as much as possible to try to make my life easier. I bought a pork loin last week and had planned to try a Honey Apple Pork Loin. I was putting all the ingredients in the slow cooker when I realized I was out of Honey.
What do I do? Improvise! We have all had the times when we are making a recipe and don’t have the exact ingredient or not enough, don’t give up. Find a way to make it work for you!
I had a container of Caramel Apple Dip, the really thick kind, in the refrigerator. Will this taste good? Let’s see!
This was delicious! Both of my kids said the carrots had never tasted so good. The best wait to eat the pork loin was with a piece of the apple and the broth.
I served this with a side of mashed potatoes and a green salad.
- 2-3 lb. pork loin, trimmed
- 16 oz. baby carrots
- 4 macintosh apples, sliced (I left the skins on)
- 1/2 cup caramel apple dip, (The thick dipping kind not the runny stuff you pour over ice cream)
- Place pork loin in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cover with apple slices and carrots.
- Place Caramel Apple Dip on top. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4.
- Remove loin from slow cooker before serving and allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.