*I received a free sample of Biscoff Lotus cookies from @Influenster and @Biscoff for review. I received no other compensation for this post and all opinions and ideas are my own and should be read as such.
I had never tried Biscoff cookies before receiving the sample package from Influenster. I tasted them with my coffee (#MyBiscoffBreak #contest) while taking a short break from work. They perfectly complemented the coffee as they were not too sweet as many cookies and breakfast treats are. They had a nice light flavor and taste and were a nice crunchy treat.
I began to think of different ways I could use the cookies. Maybe a crust for a cheesecake. Or I could use them as a topping with a coffee cake or a S’Mores pie. But the idea that my children liked the best was to try them in an ice cream sandwich.
These were so simple to make yet appeared elegant when drizzled with a bit of caramel sauce and chocolate syrup. Both of my children loved them and asked for seconds. They liked that I made both chocolate and vanilla versions so they could choose their favorite flavors but also began brainstorming of other flavors of ice cream they would like to try in the middle drizzled with other fruits and syrups.
- 1 (8.8oz) package of Biscoff Lotus cookies
- your favorite vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- your favorite chocolate ice cream, slightly softened
- chocolate syrup
- caramel syrup
- Place one half of the cookies on a baking sheet in a single layer with the flat bottom side facing upwards.
- Working quickly with a small ice cream scoop or a melon baller place 2 scoops of ice cream on each cookie. I made one half with chocolate ice cream and one half with vanilla ice cream.
- Once cookies have ice cream place the top of the ice cream sandwich on by placing the flat side toward the ice cream and pressing slightly downwards to spread the ice cream a bit.
- Place tray in freezer for 30 minutes to 1 hour to allow to set.
- Remove pan from freezer and place one vanilla ice cream sandwich and one chocolate ice cream sandwich on a plate. Drizzle with warm chocolate syrup and caramel syrup. Serve immediately.