My son loves Pulled Pork. I am okay with it. I do love barbecue sauce though. So, when he asked for Pulled Pork Pizza I was okay with it. I put the pork loin in the slow cooker first thing in the morning and when I got home later in the day I was able to put the pizza together and have dinner on the table within 30 minutes! Score!
You can make your own pizza dough but I was in a time crunch so I stopped at the store and bought a one pound dough ball for $1.50. Whichever you use make sure the dough is warmed to at least room temperature before you work with it. I leave my dough on the stove top in a bowl with a tea towel covering it to warm.
Best part of this meal was I had extra pork leftover for my son to have his favorite lunch the next day Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (click for link to recipe).
We love barbecue sauce on pizza. I think I actually prefer it to red sauce. Maybe because it is a bit sweeter but to me it is the best on pizza. Add in some onion, cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese and it was a delicious pizza!
I served this with a green salad to complete the meal.
Pulled Pork Pizza
- 1 lb. ball pizza dough (homemade or store purchased)
- Barbecue sauce for sauce (as much or as little as your family likes)
- 2 cups pulled pork – I made mine in the slow cooker just before using it but this would be a great use for leftovers
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- extra barbecue sauce or ranch dressing, if desired for dipping sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread dough on a lightly greased rimmed baking pan or pizza stone to your desired size and thickness.
- Spread the top with extra barbecue sauce, again make it as saucy as your family likes.
- Sprinkle the pulled pork over the sauce. Follow with sprinkling the onion, cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese over the pizza.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until bottom of the crust is turning golden brown and top is just starting to brown.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with extra barbecue sauce or ranch dressing if desired.