I try to take my family’s tastes and what they like into account when I make my menus. Yes, I do try to stretch them, and myself, a bit at times with food choices but sometimes comfort food and a simple hamburger or hot dog are all you want. My kids wanted hamburgers and fries the other night. Of course I am not going to just make a hamburger and fries and they know it. When they asked me to just have a burger I tried to keep it simple. I used steak seasoning to try to ramp up the flavor and for the fries I made thick steak fries with seasoning. Unfortunately, I didn’t get a picture of the fries although they were good!
This was yummy! It was nice to have a burger and fries for something different. The added steak seasonings with the fried onions and the fresh bakery rolls were delicious! I may just have to make burgers a bit more often rather than just once or twice a year.
I served this with homemade steak fries with seasoning and green beans. I may just need to add a milkshake to this meal next time to make it feel like a meal out.
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 heaping teaspoons McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons powdered garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- Steak sauce, lettuce, fried onions and rolls for serving, if desired
- In a bowl mix ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, steak seasoning, powdered garlic, onion powder, eggs and bread crumbs until well combined.
- Portion meat into 8 equal size patties and cook as you like (grill, fry or bake) until just cooked through.
- Serve on rolls, with steak sauce and fried onions as toppings, if desired.