I am not big on making breakfast during the week. Cereal, toast, eggs or oatmeal but that is about it. We have a couple big bag of blueberries in the freezer and my daughter really wanted to make muffins. I had her defrost a couple of cups of the berries to make some muffins to have for breakfast during the week.
I am thinking of taking this recipe next week and doubling it using half for blueberry muffins and maybe half for chocolate chip and nuts. That way there are choices for everyone too.
I am not a big fan of muffins because I think they are basically cupcakes for breakfast. These are NOT healthy muffins but I actually liked these though because they weren’t very sweet. The blueberries were definitely the star of the show in these muffins. The blueberries were nicely distributed through the muffins and didn’t all float to the bottom of the muffins.
My kids can take one out and pop it in the microwave to warm it a bit for breakfast or a snack.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 butter, milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare muffin tins by greasing with butter and flouring.
- In a large bowl mix dry ingredients and blueberries.
- In a smaller bowl mix together milk, eggs, and vanilla until well combined.
- Gently stir together two mixtures until well mixed. There will be some lumps.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 to 3/4 full. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until cooked through. Remove muffins from oven. Allow muffins to cool out of the muffin tin on a baking rack.