This isn’t a great picture but this is one of those desserts that I make from time-to-time to take to potlucks or picnics. It looks impressive, especially if you put Maraschino cherries on top with a drizzle of the juice. It is so easy my daughter made this the other night when we really wanted something sweet but were waiting for payday to go grocery shopping again. We didn’t have cherries to put on top but the rest of the ingredients came from the pantry and freezer.
This is so gooey and yummy! If you like chocolate covered bananas or banana splits you will probably love this. This dish should be made just before serving and not kept for more than a day or so after. The bananas and whipped topping do not last long in the refrigerator without getting mushy.
- 1 boxed 9×9 chocolate brownie mix of your choice, baked and cooled using package directions
- 2 large bananas
- 1 box of chocolate pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 small container of whipped topping
- Maraschino cherries, if desired
- Slice bananas on top of cooled brownies. Spread over the top of the brownies in a layer.
- Make pudding with 1 1/2 cups milk versus 2 cups. It will be thick. Spread over top of bananas.
- Top with whipped topping spread over top of pudding.
- If desired add cherries to top (one per slice) and a drizzle of the juice if desired before serving.