Revisiting Those New Year Goals – Determination!

Back in January I chose the word determination as my touch stone word for the year. I love the idea of a word rather than a resolution because I tend to break resolutions within hours and set non-realistic plans. But, with a word it is something that I can think of daily or weekly to remind myself of my goals for the year.

So, how am I doing? Pretty good. Not as well as I would like but that is a bit of the perfectionist peeking out. I want to everything to go really well and not have any set backs but that is not realistic and I have to remind myself of that from time to time.

What do I need to improve on? Those moments when I am feeling stuck because of my health situation to remind myself to push through with determination and remind myself things will not always be this way if I do what needs to be done to make myself better. Don’t wallow in self-pity.

So, how are you doing with your goals and words for the year? Forgot about them? Need a reminder? Now is a great time to do it!

1. mistimaan says:

Nice post

2. Glad you ‘re trying to to focus on special words to help you keep on tract of your goals and reasolutions.

Thank you! I am trying to move forward!

3. Erika Kind says:

It often comes to my mind what goal you set for this year when I am reading your posts. I always think that you have done really well!!

Awe, thank you so much!

1. Erika Kind says:

You are very welcome, Marci 😊

4. A great word! You have done well!

Thank you, Lynn! How is the writing going? I am sure you are super busy.

1. I am trying to finish my poetry book! It is going haha