I will admit of not being a fan of the Pumpkin Spice Latte but I do love things with Pumpkin Pie flavors. Pumpkin bread is one of my favorites. Add a layer of sweet cream cheese filling and some mini chocolate chips and this is a delicious breakfast bread. This recipe makes two large loaves so you can keep one and share one!
This is one bread that my family loves for breakfast. We slice the loaves into about 8 slices and freeze them in baggies so that they can be popped into the microwave on a busy morning to warm. Delicious!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread
Two delicious loaves! One to keep and one to share.
- 1 can 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (cooled slightly)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoons cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 16 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 2 large loaf pans with butter and flour.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, eggs, vegetable oil, melted butter, milk, vanilla extract, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger together.
- Combine the 1st and 2nd bowl and stir only until just completely combined.
- Filling: Beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and milk together until smooth.
- Pour a little bit of batter into the loaf pan, spread to cover the bottom and then spoon cream cheese filling and spread it on top. Add another layer of filling and pumpkin until your pan is 3/4 full and then bake for 60-70 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.