Breakfast for dinner can be super easy meal and rather inexpensive too. Making pancakes from scratch with flour, sugar, eggs, and milk that you probably have on hand and don’t have to go out and buy expensive ingredients for makes meals cost less to make.
These super simple pancakes were light and fluffy but also very filling. I barely finished what was on my plate and was full for the rest of the night.
The kids lived these because they thought the chocolate chips were a treat and began to think about what else the could put on top of them. Strawberry sauce, whipped cream, and chocolate sauce seemed to be the favorite toppings they chose.
Fluffy Chocolate Chip Pancakes
A simple dish for a busy night.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Whole Milk
- 1 Large Egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons Butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Oil for cooking
- 10- 12 oz milk chocolate chips
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder im a bowl and combine well.
- In a second bowl, mix the egg, milk, vanilla, and melted butter together. Be careful not to use hot butter as you could end up with scrambled eggs.
- Pour the wet ingredient mixture into the dry ingredients and stir tluntil just moistened. The batter should be thick and lumpy, but without any streaks of flour. If it is too thick to work with, add a little milk.
- Set the batter aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium heat with oil to cook the pancakes. Use a 1/4 cup measure of batter so that pancakes will all be similar in size and cook evenly.
- Cook until the first side is golden brown, or until the top surface forms bubbles. Sprinkle a handful of chocolate chips on top of the pancake before flipping.
- Flip pancake and cook to just brown. Serve hot. With choice of toppings.