In the season of family get togethers and last minute guests having a dip you can pull together in no time can be a life saver. This dip is best if it sits for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator but it can be served as soon as you make it. This would also be a delicious dip for a football game with nachos. Yummmm.
This is a simple dip. Nothing fancy but it pairs well with salty tortilla or corn chips. My son loved it with thin pretzel sticks. It would also perfectly accompany a nice vegetable tray.
Tip: Use a thick chunky salsa for best results. Too much liquid in your salsa will make for a thinner runnier dip.
- 1 (16 oz) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 cup + chunky salsa (drain most liquid off)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 oz) bag Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl mix sour cream, spices, salsa, cheddar cheese, and salt until well blended.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes if possible to allow flavors to blend and for dip to thicken a bit.
- Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.