I love tacos! Basically anything on a tortilla will make me happy. We had a great sale on shrimp shortly before Christmas so I made sure to pick up several pounds of it. As you know I am all about shopping only sales for most of our groceries. I know the bottom price for most items we use and when sales get that low (or lower) I try to buy a 6-8 week supply which is what the sales cycles usually are. So this shrimp I bought should last until beginning to mid-February if I calculate correctly.
Delicious comfort food. A bit of crunch from the broccoli slaw but you can top these shrimp tacos however you wish. We devoured these tacos in no time flat with a side salad to round out the meal.
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano dried
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp, thawed from frozen and tails removed
- 1 tablespoon+ olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Flour Tortillas, for serving if desired
- toppings, as desired for tacos (broccoli slaw mix, feta cheese, tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, as desired)
- Combine the chili powder, paprika, cumin, oregano, garlic powder, brown sugar, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Sprinkle the mixture over the shrimp and stir well to coat. Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high. Arrange the shrimp in a single layer and cook for about 2 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, stir, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Remove shrimp from pan and serve hot on tortillas with toppings as desired.