These are one of our favorite side dishes that I have been making for almost 25 years. The kids love the crispy potato crunch and I love how easy they are to make. The hardest part is slicing the potatoes thin enough to be super crispy but if you have a mandoline that makes it much easier. I bought my mandoline slicer on clearance many years ago for about $10. They are available at most large box stores for $20-$40. If you cut a lot of vegetables or potatoes this may be a good investment.
Crunchy, salty, and you can add the flavors you want to the chips. We prefer a seasoned salt but you can use lemon butter seasoning, maple bacon brown sugar, or any other steak flavorings you have too. Simple black pepper is delicious too.
I make these for a snack or to accompany a meat and vegetable dish. Great with sandwiches and soups too.
- 4-6 white potatoes, cut into super thin slices (It will look like a ton of potatoes but they shrink while cooking)
- salt, black pepper, or other desired seasoning
- spray butter or oil (use olive oil or other such oil in a spray pump)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a rimmed baking sheet by lining with parchment paper and spraying a fine mist of oil or non-stick spray over the paper.
- Lay the potatoes in a single layer over the greased paper. You may need 2-3 trays to begin with but as the potatoes shrink down while baking you can condense trays to 1 or 2.
- Bake the potatoes for about 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven and flip the potatoes over mist the potatoes with spray butter or olive oil and sprinkle with desired seasoning. Return pan to oven for about 10 more minutes. Watch the potatoes so that they crisp and do not burn.
- Once desired crispness is achieved remove pan from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
4 Comments Add yours
Love this!! The sheet tray is genius!!
Potatoes are golden. 👏👏👏
A healthy way to have potato chips. Those slicers are amazing! Don’t want to miss mine anymore.
I love potato recipes, Marci. This one looks delicious.