I have read this is the year of the zucchini. I guess the weather was perfect for zucchini to thrive and everyone that grew some has a ton. Our CSA farm share has given us 4-5 zucchini and yellow squash each week. Now we know why.
Verdict: The nice thing about this bread is that it is not overly sweet. We put butter on it to eat while it was warm. Yummy! Then after it cooled down a smear of cream cheese was delicious on it.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 loaf pans with non-stick spray.
- In a bowl combine flour baking soda, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon with a fork until well blended and no lumps.
- Create a well in the dry ingredients and add eggs, oil, sugar, zucchini, vanilla, and lemon extract. Beat thoroughly until smooth.
- Pour mixture into loaf pans filling about 1/2 way to 2/3 full.
- Bake 40 minutes or until center is done. It will spring back when touched.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting.