My wife had her second knee surgery on Wednesday so we are spending this week laying low. That means I get to watch all kinds of football games this week. I love to make nachos for the game because they are so easy to make and you can add just what you like to them.
Verdict: I was going to add black beans to these but we didn’t have any in the pantry. Instead we had some corn in the freezer so I decided to roast it and add it to our nachos instead. It helped bulk them up so everyone had plenty to eat. You can add spices to the corn or leave it plain. It is entirely up to you!
Roasted Corn Nachos
- 1 cup of frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large bag tortilla chips
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- salsa, sour cream or guacamole, as desired
- In a medium skillet over medium-low heat melt butter. Add corn to the pan and allow to cook slowly until it brown on the edges. Stir occasionally to keep from burning. Once corn is roasted remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Assemble nachos by covering bottom of pan with 1/2 chips, 1/2 of cheeses sprinkled over top, 1/2 of corn sprinkled over chips, 1/2 of onion sprinkled over top and then repeat layer.
- Bake in oven 10-15 minutes until cheese is well melted. If desired to brown cheese and top of nachos a bit place under broiler for 1-2 minutes. Watch carefully so they don’t burn.
- Remove pan from oven and serve hot with toppings as desired.
5 Comments Add yours
I’m sure these went fast.
Definitely the perfect game day snack. I pray your wife makes a full recovery 🙏🏽💜
Mmmm! Yum! Love the sound of these!
Who are we rooting for with these game-day nachos??