So, this was a simple Do It Yourself (DIY) Halloween for us. I am the queen of sweatshirt and sweatpants costumes. When I was little my mom made all our Halloween costumes though I desperately wanted one of the ones with the plastic masks and plastic dresses. Remember those?
Now, I am doing the same things to my kids! My daughter is old enough now that she can make her tulle skirts on her own. My son is still needing help. This year they had a decade day at school so he went as the 70s – the 1770s!
This was the night before decades day. I still had to add two buttons to the front of the sweatshirt. It is hard to see but I added lace to a turtleneck for the ruffled shirt. The bonus was the costume was comfortable for him AND he wore it for Halloween!
So, while we were having fun I was making a Vegetable Pasta Sauce that was full of colorful vegetables.
This is not a good picture but the reds, greens, orange and yellow were amazing! I chopped the vegetables and let it cook for 8 hours. The house smelled really good. You will get to see what I did with this sauce tomorrow!
Slow Cooker Vegetable Pasta Sauce
- 2 (28 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 3 small zucchini, cut into thin quarter rounds
- 3 small summer squash, cut into thin quarter rounds
- 1 large yellow diced pepper
- 1 large red diced pepper
- 8 oz. sliced baby carrots
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- dried oregano
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours until carrots have softened. Taste and adjust spices to your taste. Use immediately or allow to cool and then refrigerate or freeze for use later.