I hope you know by know if you have read any of my prior posts we love fun dinners every so often. As I served this last night my son kept asking, “Is it dinner? Is it dessert? Can it be breakfast?” I say yes to all of them!
These are rich, hearty pancakes. All of us, except my 14 year-old son, couldn’t finish the two served with the frosting. We made them with about 1/3 cup of batter each. You may wish to use about 1/4 cup.
Serve them with a side of fruit salad to make yourself feel better about serving them for dinner if you like.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 20 crushed Oreos, finely crushed but with a few chunks
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- splash of milk if needed
- 10 crushed Oreos
- Chocolate Syrup for serving, if desired
- In a large bowl mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar until blended. Stir in buttermilk and eggs until just mixed. There will be a few lumps. Stir in Oreos to blended.
- Cook pancakes by 1/4 cup on a well-greased griddle over medium heat. Once they are cooked through place in 170 degree oven or the lowest temperature your oven will go.
- Make frosting by beating together butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. If needed to thin add a splash of milk. Stir in crushed Oreos.
- To serve thinly frost one pancake placing a second on top. Drizzle with chocolate syrup if desired.